Featured Image: CM-657 Porcelain Mosaic Tile From Arizona Tile
Grout Cleaning Tips
While tile itself needs attention every now and then, cleaning grout is a significant part of keeping tiles looking new. Grout, especially if it’s white or grey, can stain easily, making an entire room look dirty even when it’s clean. With a little tile care and maintenance, your grout will look fresh and renewed. Here are some tips to keep grout looking its best:
• Before cleaning, remove dust. Use a dry broom or mop for floors and a dry cloth for walls.
• Thoroughly cover grout with a cleaning solution, making sure all crevices are well covered. A ceramic/porcelain tile cleaner and clean water will work for a regular cleaning, but if there are any tough stains, you’ll need to use a special grout cleaner.
• Leave the cleaner on for at least 30 minutes to allow it enough time to soak in and effectively remove dirt and grime.
• Use a hard-bristled brush to scrub the grout clean. An old toothbrush is an old-fashioned tool that still works exceptionally well!
• Rinse the tile with clean water and dry completely. And that’s it. Not so bad after all!
Tile Cleaning Tips
The process of cleaning tile isn't much different than for cleaning grout. A specialized cleaner works great on all natural stone surfaces. Plus, since you shouldn't need to scrub as vigorously as when cleaning grout, a good quality soft cloth should be sufficient.
Image: CM-657 Porcelain Mosaic Tile From Arizona Tile
While these tips will keep most tiles looking great, be sure to check and follow the specific manufacturer’s instructions for tile care and maintenance, as each material has different care requirements.