Feature Image: Macaubus White Quartzite
In both home decorating and wardrobe selections, the color choices we make greatly reflect our personalities and individual styles. However, many of us may not realize that color can significantly impact our mood.
This is why it's important to choose colors wisely when it comes to interior design. If you are working on a home improvement project, be sure to keep the psychological aspect of colors in mind when deciding on paint and tile colors for your main decor scheme, as well as for secondary and accent design colors.
Color and Mood
Listed below is basic information regarding the influence each primary color typically has on mood.
- Red - A bold color, red is known to increase energy levels, making it a great choice for rooms where people are often drawn together in conversation, such as a living room or dining room.
- Orange - Redoing a workout room? You may want to incorporate some orange, which evokes excitement and enthusiasm.
- Yellow - Just like sunshine, the color yellow brings out feelings of joy and happiness. This is a terrific choice for any space where you want to create an uplifting mood. But be warned that yellow has also been shown to elicit frustration when used in large amounts, so it's best used as an accent color.
- Green - Green promotes relaxation, calmness, and peace so it's one color that works well in many different rooms. Its soothing qualities are thought to help relieve stress, even when used on a grand scale.
- Blue - Since warm blues are calming, encourage rest and create a serene ambiance, they are a smart choice for bedrooms and bathrooms. Avoid using dark blues as a main color scheme as they tend to create feelings of sadness.
- Purple - The rich sophistication of dark purple will enhance a variety of areas. Associated with creativity, it's especially suitable for an office or creative space. Lighter purple colors, such as lavender, are perfect for master bathrooms and bedrooms, as they tend to make us feel warm and rested.
For your next interior design project, in addition to selecting paint and tile colors that suit your style, pay attention to how the different colors invoke different emotions. Use this information to select colors that will create the mood you envision for your space.
Try out our online tool, Just Imagine, to visualize how our products will look in your space, or come into any of our Arizona Tile locations to see the many beautiful tile styles, patterns, and available colors. Our professionally trained consultants are always happy to speak with you and to help you make the best color choices for your project.