Featured Image: Imperial Danby White Marble Countertop from Arizona Tile
Staying up to date on design trends can be vital to preserving the style of your home, especially if you’re looking into renovating or selling your home in the coming months. If you’re looking for inspiration for your 2017 projects around the home, read on. Here are just a few of the latest trends in home design to get you started.
1. Marble: Marble is making a resurgence as a trending countertop and tile material. Subtle and timeless, it’s a beautiful choice for kitchen countertops, bathroom floors and walls, and fireplace surrounds. The gorgeous veined look of marble is even showing up on other surfaces, such as faux marble wallpaper and even fabrics. To lend an elegant and classy feel to your space, don’t shy away from this strong and luxurious stone.
2. Statement entryways: 2016 saw a rise in the popularity of striking, impactful entryways, and the trend is continuing. Don’t be afraid to splurge on renovating your mudroom or entryway to make a great first impression. Whether you want to achieve a beachy vibe with shiplap or keep things fun by incorporating Pantone’s color of the year, use this small space to give guests a memorable glimpse into your home’s overall style.
3. Matte finishes: From appliances to cabinet hardware to tile floors, matte finishes are one of the latest trends in home design as a unique and chicly modern alternative to traditionally shiny, glossy surfaces. Satin brass handles, brushed nickel faucets, matte appliances, and other non-reflective accessories add subtle charm to clean spaces like kitchens and bathrooms. Matte finishes pair well with the subdued look of gray-toned wood and textured natural stone. If you’re having trouble choosing a favorite tile option for your new floor, consider going the matte route to give your room a contemporary look.
Image: Subway White Glossy Ceramic Tile from Arizona Tile
4. Subway tile: A true classic, subway tiles continue to be a top trend for bathrooms, kitchen backsplashes, and laundry room designs alike. Subway tile is extremely versatile, fitting with virtually every style imaginable. Its affordability is also a big plus for many homeowners. If you’re considering installing subway tile to keep up with this growing trend, try a matte glass variety for extra impact.
Image: Sav Wood Miele Glazed Porcelain from Arizona Tile
5. Wood-look tile: Porcelain and ceramic tile are available in patterns and colors designed to resemble wood grain, without requiring the maintenance of real wood. With the beauty and warmth of wood and the durability and strength of porcelain tile, wood-look tile is a versatile, up-and-coming choice for any room.
Feeling inspired? Try incorporating one of these home and design trends into your renovation plans for 2017. Whether it’s as simple as upgrading your kitchen hardware with satin brass or as elegant as installing new marble countertops, these ideas will keep your home’s design stylish and on trend.