Featured Image: Belgian Linen Fog Glazed Porcelain Tile From Arizona Tile
A rising trend in interior design, fabric-look tile and other textured designs are gaining popularity with homeowners around the country. People love the contemporary feel of textured tile accents and linen-look designs that give personality and elegance to a room. Wondering if linen tile is the right choice for your upcoming renovation? Read on to find out more about this modern option.
Linen tile is porcelain tile designed to resemble the texture and look of certain fabrics. Like other porcelain tile varieties, it’s made of clay and fired at extremely high temperatures in a kiln. Depending on the particular product, the color or pattern is applied with a glaze (called “glazed porcelain”) or integrated throughout the clay (“through-body” or “color body” porcelain).
Image: Fibra Suede Color Body Porcelain Tile From Arizona Tile
Fabric-Look Tile Design Ideas
There are as many ways to use linen tile as there are varieties of it. Here are just a few ways to incorporate fabric-look tile into your next home remodel or project:
- Contrasting Textures: Fabric-look tile pairs beautifully with other tile varieties, especially smooth, polished surfaces that give a striking contrast. The Fibra series looks great beside glass tile or brushed metal fixtures in a bathroom. The Belgian Linen series complements white countertops perfectly.
- Mix-and-Match Fabric: Our unique DigitalArt porcelain is available in a variety of coordinating colors and patterns. Mix and match to create a dynamic tile design that stands out.
- Linear Style: Linen-look porcelain tile features a linear texture reminiscent of most fabrics. Bring out the gorgeous lines of your favorite fabric tile by incorporating straight edges and a linear look in other aspects of the room.
Fabric-look tile is a unique way to add a touch of character and texture to any space. From the kitchen to bathroom to living spaces and anywhere else, linen tile brings warmth and a contemporary look to your home design. Whether you use it as an accent to other tile or let it shine on its own, fabric-look porcelain is a trending choice that’s sure to enhance your tile design.
Benefits of Linen Tile
Fabric-look tile has all the great benefits of porcelain tile. Some of its main advantages include:
- Durability: Porcelain tile owes its hardness to the fact that it’s fired at extremely high temperatures. This makes it incredibly durable and resistant to scratches and other damage.
- Ease of Maintenance: Porcelain is a famously low-maintenance material. It doesn’t require much regular care to keep it protected from wear. As a result, it’s recommended even for high-traffic areas.
- Versatility: Porcelain tile, and linen tile in particular, is a versatile option that makes an excellent choice for anything from flooring to walls to backsplashes.
- Low Water Absorption: Porcelain has a very low rate of water absorption, so it’s resistant to spills and stains. It can withstand the splashes and spills of a busy kitchen or bathroom better than many other tile materials.
Whether you like the appearance of linen tile or prefer it for these big advantages, there’s no shortage of reasons to choose this unique material to make a statement in your home.
See how Linen Tile can complement your home’s décor with the Just Imagine Visualizer from Arizona Tile.