Featured Image: Aquea Castor Rectified Color Body Porcelain Tile From Arizona Tile
It’s no secret that porcelain tile continues to rise in popularity as a modern, beautiful and durable alternative to materials like hardwood and natural stone. As porcelain becomes more popular for a variety of uses and applications, the demand for porcelain in high-performance environments has increased accordingly.
As a result, a special finish called R11 Anti-Slip Finish has been developed to meet the need for porcelain flooring in outdoor spaces, high-traffic areas and applications that are exposed to water and moisture. This unique finish roughens the tile surface without changing its appearance. Porcelain tile flooring with R11 Anti-Slip Finish is ideal for a variety of high-performance areas in the home, including:
- High Traffic Floors: Areas of your floors that are frequently used, such as hallways, entryways or the kitchen are great candidates for R11 Finish porcelain. Not only would these high-traffic areas benefit from durable, scratch-resistant porcelain flooring, but the addition of R11 Finish would make them safer and more practical for your family, helping reduce the chances of slips.
- Outdoor Applications: Porcelain tile with R11 Anti-Slip Finish is a great choice for outdoor spaces like patios and pool decks. With R11 Finish, you can even continue your indoor tile to your exterior living spaces, creating a seamless look.
- Wet Areas: Floors in the shower, bathroom and kitchen can frequently get wet, and some flooring materials can be quite slippery. These areas can be made safer with R11 Anti-Slip Finish, while retaining their beauty and appearance.
How is R11 Finish Made?
During the production process, the surface of the porcelain tile is modified to have a rougher finish. This is achieved by adding a mineral called Corundum into the glazing mix.
Corundum is added into the production line after the digital surface application and before entering the kiln for firing. This means that it crystallizes at the exact same temperatures as each of the other materials involved, so it blends perfectly and creates an anti-slip surface without changing the appearance of the tile.
R11 Anti-Slip Finish Availability
The R11 Anti-Slip Finish is currently available in the following series and colors:
- Aequa 8x32: Castor, Cirrus, Nix, Silva Tur
Image: The More Wood Series Rectified Color Body Porcelain Tile From Arizona Tile
- More Wood 8x32: Ciliegio, Grigio, Miele, Noce
Image: Peitra Italia Black Porcelain Tile From Arizona Tile
- Pietra Italia 12x24: Beige, Black, Grey, White
Image: Reside Series Rectified Color Body Porcelain Tile From Arizona Tile
- Reside 12x24: Ash, Beige, Black, Brown
To see examples of R-11 Finish on our products, visit our R11 Anti-Slip Gallery. Additional series are also available on special order. For more information, visit your nearest Arizona Tile Showroom or contact us.