Featured Image: Marrakesh Color Glossy Mix Tile Backsplash from Arizona Tile
A Southwest-style home is warm, unique and eye-catching—a perfect balance of rustic and modern. If you’re looking to renovate, redesign or just redecorate your kitchen or bathroom with Southwestern flair, start with these tips to inspire your project.
There’s nothing better than a bright, inviting kitchen, and Southwestern style design is perfect for achieving one in your home.
Image: Skylights Lunar Mélange Bathroom Backsplash from Arizona Tile
- Blue Tile: Colors like royal blue or turquoise are classic complements to Southwestern hues like tan, orange, gold and red. Depending on how bold you want to go, a blue-toned backsplash, countertop or kitchen floor can be the perfect way to add contrast and color to your kitchen. From blue and orange decorative tile to a teal mosaic backsplash, there are plenty of ways to bring some blue color to your Southwest-style space.
- Bar Stools: Bar stools give your kitchen island or bar a casual look that perfectly complements a rustic design. Counter-height chairs in a rich wood tone are perfect for adding contrast to a lighter-colored kitchen.
Image: Aphrodite Granite Kitchen Countertops from Arizona Tile
- Granite Countertops: Granite is a timeless choice for kitchen countertops, and a particularly great option for a Southwestern style home. Classic cream and tan varieties are rustic and versatile, while bold colors such as turquoise offer unique appeal.
Some bathroom designs and color schemes can end up feeling cold and sterile, but a Southwest-inspired look ensures that won’t happen. With the warmth of natural colors, rustic materials, soft lighting and charming décor, you can’t go wrong with a Southwestern bathroom design. Here are just a few of our favorite ideas for getting this look in your bath:
Image: Montpelier Gray Honed Vein Cut Limestone Countertop from Arizona Tile
- Natural Stone Floors: Limestone and travertine are excellent options for Southwestern-style bathroom floors. They add a natural warmth, interesting texture and lightness to any bath.
- Pops of Color: Create a serene space by choosing a color palette full of warm neutrals such as mahogany, cream, terra cotta and gold—and add a bold touch of color with décor that pops. Bright red, turquoise, navy blue and yellow are all great choices—get creative!
- Copper Fixtures: Bring a warm and rustic touch to your bathroom with copper finishes. From your sink bowl to faucet to cabinet hardware, copper is unique and eye-catching—the perfect finishing touch for your Southwest-style space.