When faced with the challenge of choosing tile for your home it can be pretty overwhelming – yeah, we know what it’s like to walk into a beautiful showroom with so many choices! Sometimes it’s easier to narrow your choice down by choosing the material first and then choosing a color and style.
One of the most versatile choices is porcelain. Because porcelain is non-porous, it is very stain resistant, it has very low water absorption ratings (Less than 0.5%) and it can be used for interior and exterior applications as well as in commercial spaces.
Porcelain tile is fired at a much higher temperature than regular ceramic tile, making porcelain tile much harder and denser than other tile products. Because of its durability, porcelain is more resistant to scratches. And, because porcelain’s color goes all the way through, small scratches or chips are less noticeable. Talk about a great product for high traffic areas like kitchens and bathrooms!
Metalwood Argento Porcelain Tile
As you consider what tile to install in your home or commercial space, here is a list of some Pros and Cons to consider.
Porcelain Tile Pros
• Porcelain tile, when properly installed is a material of beauty that lasts a lifetime.
• Porcelain tile is incredibly durable. It is color permanent, abrasion resistant, and cannot be cut, torn, gouged, or punctured.
• No need to wax, polish or buff. Simply wiping glazed tile with a damp sponge or sponge mop is all that is necessary to maintain its luster.
• Porcelain tile is available in an infinite selection of sizes, shapes, colors, patterns and textures. You have the capability of satisfying the design requirements of virtually every setting.
• Porcelain tile may be the best investment you can make in your home. Design versatility combined with durability, creates a product of lasting value.
Porcelain Tile Cons
• May be a more expensive product.
• Must be installed correctly, with the proper adhesive to remain durable. Check manufacturer’s instructions for specific tile installation instructions.
• May be difficult to cut without professional cutting equipment.
New technology in digital inkjet printing on porcelain tile offers spectacular selections. Head on down to your local Arizona Tile store and check out our selection to decide if Porcelain tile is right for your decorating project!
Nu Travertine Cream Porcelain Tile
Pin your finished projects to Pinterest and put “@ArizonaTile – Tile Install” in the comment section so we can enjoy your creative handiwork too!
Get started pairing a variety of porcelain tiles in our Just Imagine™ Visualizer Tool. Post your ideas in the comments below!