There’s no doubt that all-white kitchens are one of the biggest interior design trends of 2019. Bright, clean, airy and chic, the white-on-white aesthetic is one contemporary kitchen look that’s not going anywhere anytime soon. If this style appeals to you but you find white cabinets, white counters and white walls to be, well, too much white, we’ve got the perfect compromise for your kitchen. Consider a white-on-white design with a little twist: a (not-white) backsplash that stands out.
Standout Backsplash Ideas for White Kitchens
A backsplash can make or break any kitchen design. In many white-on-white kitchens, popular backsplash choices include timeless white subway tile and light-colored glass stack. Both are excellent options, but let’s take a look at another route: a bold backsplash that instantly draws the eye and can be the star of your white kitchen design. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Colorful: Go big or go home. If you’re looking for a backsplash style that adds color, contrast and fun to your white kitchen, look no further than Gioia. This glossy porcelain tile is available in sixteen gorgeous colors, including bright and vibrant hues like Mango, Azure, Navy, Papaya and Lime. No matter what color you like, it’s sure to add a punch of personality and a pop of color to that white-on-white space.
- Black: On the opposite end of the color spectrum, black tile is making a splash in the design world. A black tile backsplash instantly glamorizes your white kitchen into something eye-catching and unique. The contrasting, glossy look of Concerto offers an interesting twist on traditional subway tile. Pair with black cabinet pulls and lighting fixtures to bring the room together.
- Patterns & Shapes: Complement your mostly-white kitchen with stunning tile patterns and unique shapes that will make your backsplash a conversation starter. From porcelain tile that has a hand-painted look to geometric shapes, you can’t go wrong with fun designs like these.
- Brick-Look: Timeless brick-look porcelain tile brings a rustic ambiance and beautiful visual texture to an all-white kitchen. With all the appeal of brick in a durable, easy-to-clean form, porcelain that looks like brick is the best of both worlds. Plus, it’s easy to coordinate the reds and browns of brick-look tile with virtually any wood tones and metal finishes in your kitchen.
- Metal-Look: Achieve a look that’s ultra-modern or rich and rustic with a range of metal-look backsplash tiles. Finishes include copper, bronze, steel and pewter.
To talk to an expert about kitchen ideas or to see these backsplash tiles in person, check out your nearest Arizona Tile location.